Saturday, October 12, 2013

Lunch Time Yums

Today was an interesting day to say the least. We were out and about getting somethings for dinner and we found an awesome deal at Krogers!! Buy One Get One FREE Roasts!!! We got a $16 roast and a $20 for only $20!!! Roast was dinner and it was an interesting one for sure. The lovely hubby of mine made and just "winged it". He threw some really random ingredients in there. All in all it was okay. Not the best that I have had, but not the worst. Unfortunately, that is not the reason I am here. I am here to tell you about my lunch. Pasta stuffed garlic toast. I made a few changes to mine. Mine was baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes flipping at 10. All I used was bread, pasta, pasta sauce, butter, garlic powder, and pepper. First, I preheated the oven at the 400 degrees. Secondly, I cooked and drained the noodles. Following that I mixed the noodles with the pasta sauce. Next, I buttered the bread as you would for a grilled cheese. I sprinkled the garlic powder and the pepper on each slice of toast on the buttered side. I placed half of the slices butter side down in a baking dish. I scooped the pasta on to the slices in the dish leaving room on the edges so that it didn't overflow. Finally, I put the other half of the bread slices butter side up on top of the other slices and baked in the oven for 10 minutes then flipping them over and baking for another 10 minutes.

Stuffed Garlic Bread

It was a extremely enjoyable lunch and I can't wait to make it again. Enjoy your night y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete